*WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED
1. ADMIT that God has not been first place in your life and ask him to forgive your sins. (I John 1:9)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2. BELIEVE that Jesus died to pay for your sins and that He rose again, and is alive today. (Romans 10:9) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
3. ACCEPT God's free gift of salvation. (Don't try to earn it.) (Ephesians 2:8-9) 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Note: *Our relationship to God is not restored by anything we do, but on the basis of what Jesus already did for us!
4. INVITE Jesus Christ to come into your life and be the director ("LORD") of your life. (John 1:12-13) 12 But as many as recieved him, to them gave he power to become the Sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
1. Astronomy - Just the existence of the universe is a proof of God. If there were no Creator, then the universe has either existed forever or it produced itself out of nothing. We can choose to believe in an eternal, all-powerful God or an eternal, all-powerful universe - which alternative is more reasonable?
2. Biology - The human body is an amazing machine. We recognize that even a simple wristwatch must have an intelligent designer, but the hand that wears the watch is far more complex so the hand must have an intelligent Designer too. And just think: the hand is only one small part of the whole human body!
3. History - Sources inside and outside the Bible support the miraculous life of Jesus. According to historical documents, He fulfilled prophecies recorded hundreds of years earlier, performed miracles in front of followers and skeptics, and rose from the dead three days after He was brutally murdered.
Sometimes life is unfair - even God experienced that. His Son, Jesus, was brutally tortured and murdered for crimes that He did not commit. The truth is that as long as we are here, we may never understand all the "whys" of this life. But God is always there to help us because He understands our pain. Most of the suffering in this life happens because of people who hurt other people - something God tells us not to do! He could stop us, but He'd have to limit our freedom to do it. For His own reasons, God allows all people to freely choose their own path, hoping that many will choose to follow Him.
Look beneath the surface, and you'll find that there are major differences between the world's religions. For example, some forms of Buddhism teach that God does not exist; Hinduism teaches that God does exist, and everything is part of Him; and Christianity teaches that God exists, but He is separate from His creation. These definitions cannot describe the same God.
Sincerely believing something doesn't make it true. September 11, 2001 - when they boarded their planes, the passengers of flights 11, 77, 93, and 175 sincerely believed they would arrive safely. When they went to work, the people in the Twin Towers sincerely believed they would return safely. And when they murdered 3,000 Americans, the Islamic hijackers sincerely believed they would be rewarded in heaven. Our beliefs - no matter how deeply held - have no effect on reality.
1. Fulfilled Prophecy - Many detailed prophecies were recorded about Jesus centuries before He was born. For example, Micah wrote that Christ would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2). And long before crucifixion was invented Isaiah wrote that Christ would be "pierced for our transgressions" (Isaiah 53), and David recorded that His hands and feet would be pierced (Psalm 22). Jesus could not possibly have arranged His birth or the circumstances of His death to fulfill prophecy, unless He is God.
2. Eyewitness Testimony - Many credible witnesses observed and recorded Jesus' teachings and miracles. Jesus didn't just teach the highest moral standard; He lived it. He once challenged His critics by saying, "Can any of you prove me guilty of sin?" (John 8:46); but no one even tried. And He performed many miracles which were seen by His followers and His enemies. But no one ever challenged whether He had done miracles, only why He had done them.
3. Recorded History - Consider this: Jesus was born over two thousand years ago. He never made a fortune; He never held an office; He never even left the country of His birth, except once during childhood. He never went to school; but His wisdom amazed doctors, lawyers, philosophers, and theologians. Jesus never wrote a book or a song, but countless books and songs have been written about Him. He never founded a school, but no school has ever had as many students. He never led an army or fired a gun, but no leader has ever inspired as many people to willingly give their lives. He never practiced medicine or psychiatry, but He has healed more broken hearts than all the physicians who have ever lived.
4. The tomb is empty! - Jesus' greatest miracle, and the foundation of Christianity, is His bodily resurrection. History supports the fact of this event. For example, Jesus' body vanished from a very carefully guarded tomb. The Jewish and Roman authorities might have squelched the early Christian movement by producing Jesus' crucified body, but they couldn't produce it because He was gone. Another proof is the transformation of Jesus' disciples. When Jesus' died, His disciples feared for their lives also. But after they saw Him alive again, they boldly risked - and eventually lost - their lives telling what they had seen. For further information visit Who Is Jesus? or read More Than a Carpenter, by Josh McDowell.
We have several church-wide services each week and other special meetings for various groups each month (i.e., men, women, teens, seniors). Upcoming activities, including meetings, are listed on the home page (see Calendar) Most activities are listed so you can quickly find the event(s) designed just for you. The atmosphere at Liberty is casual and comfortable (Family Oriented). There's no dress code here so come as you are, leave better. Hebrews 4:13 For more information, dial 509-466-1711